AURA Architecture have worked on many residential extensions and refurbishment projects across the London borough of Wandsworth, designing and delivering high-end homes here since 2014.
Our project portfolio includes period terraced homes, larger detached properties, complete housing developments for property developers, and many period properties.
If you live in a conservation area, or wish to push the boundaries with an ambitious large-scale extension, our experience in working with the Wandsworth council planning team will help you to achieve your goals, and save you valuable time in the process.
Choosing an architecture firm for your home improvement project is never an easy task.
There’s plenty of choice, the difficult bit is selecting a Wandsworth architect that:
1) Is creative enough to put forward inspirational home design ideas that you wouldn’t have thought of yourself
2) At the same time is consultative enough to listen carefully to what you want, and then creating an extension or home refurbishment that caters for these requirements
3) Has experiences in working with the Wandsworth.gov.uk council to obtain planning permission for the home of your dreams – or even find a way to extend your home without needing planning permission at all
4) Follows the RIBA Architect stages for your assurance that every aspect is carefully considered in a structured manner
5) Monitors the project tenaciously, keeping tabs on contractors, build costs, and timescales, so that you don’t have to.
6) Designs your home with energy-efficiency and sustainability in mind
7) Utilises natural light as an unbeatable way to create airiness and a sense of well-being within your home
8) Has a fixed fee structure, because percentage-based fees can motivate architects to include costly and unnecessary architectural features, simply to inflate the project value (and their associated fees)
9) Is based in or nearby Wandsworth, allowing you to meet with the architects and designers face to face initially, and allowing regular site visits to monitor your project as it progresses.
10) Has plenty of good reviews, giving you some honest 3rd party feedback on their architect services in Wandsworth
AURA Architects and Home Designers can cover the whole of the Wandsworth London Borough, including: Balham, Clapham Junction, Battersea, Putney, Putney Heath, Putney Vale, Tooting, Wandsworth Town, Earlsfield, Furzedown, Nine Elms, Roehampton, Southfields, Streatham Park, Tooting, Tooting Bec, Upper Tooting, and West Hill.
The different areas of Wandsworth are diverse in character, so a different architect approach is required in each area to conform to local guidelines and obtain planning, especially if you live in one of the many Wandsworth conservation areas.
For our team focusing specifically on the Putney area of Wandsworth, see our Putney Architects page.
Other nearby London boroughs that we cover include:
– Kensington and Chelsea architect services
– Hammersmith and Fulham architect services
– Richmond upon Thames architect services
– Clapham architect services
As a team of architects based nearby in Clapham, South West London, AURA are well placed to serve the Wandsworth borough. We have a good working relationship with the Wandsworth council planning team, and know the ins and outs of their planning policy.
Wandsworth has 46 separate conservation areas, see the Wandsworth conservation areas map for further details. These conservation areas cover approx 50% of Wandsworth, so it is not straightforward trying to authorise even small extensions under Permitted Development rules.
Whether you’re planning a large extension, or an internal project like a loft conversion or basement conversion, or home refurbishment, conforming to building control regulations in Wandsworth is essential – AURA Architecture understands these in detail and have you covered.
Speak to an architect at AURA Architecture today, for expert advice on permitted development, planning, and local restrictions in your area of Wandsworth. We get great satisfaction from helping homeowners create the extension or refurbishment of their dreams, without being held up by the local planning authorities.