We specialise in home extensions and refurbishments, loft conversions, basement conversions, and bespoke new builds with a high-end finish.
In our design-led studio we look to create simple, light filled spaces that maximise space and are energy efficient and sustainable.
Get in touch for advice on Planning Permission and how to best create your ideal home.
At the heart of all we do are five key values:
1. Attention to detail – We think about every aspect of the space in our design and ensure that nothing is left to chance or left behind.
2. Innovation and creativity – In a constantly evolving world, we make sure we keep up with technology and use it for long lasting, future compatible designs.
3. Honesty and integrity – Professional behaviour in what we say and what we do are what our customers deserve and receive at all times.
4. Understanding and respecting people – Different people have different needs and different ideas. Our role is to understand these and find solutions that meet them.
5. Sustainability – Energy prices are rising and we need to reduce our carbon footprint. Therefore we need to manage the impact our designs on the environment vitally important. We work with specialists to achieve this.
These values feed in to our vision to design spaces that are clean and simple, maximise space, use natural light and are energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
Take a look at one of our amazing projects in Wimbledon here (opens in new tab) pictured below.
Our Director gives a brief introduction to AURA Architecture and our award winning practice here…
Unlike many architects and designers in Richmond, our fees are transparent. We charge a flat fee of £75 per hour and if you take our full range of services, the cost will be around 8-12% of the total construction costs.
Typically architects fees will be between 11-15%.
Find full details of our fees are on our website here
The guide covers everything we offer and gives you our step-by-step process for homeowners looking for architects in Richmond. In short these are:
1 – CONTACT: The first step is for you to make initial contact with us. Create your design brief online using our online enquiry form
2 – RESEARCH: We will then carry out a desktop study of your home so that we understand planning permissions and planning policies for your area.
3 – CONSULTATION: After this, we will meet you for a consultation at your home to discuss your needs. Following this we will provide you with a written quote.
4 – CONCEPT: After this, we will produce three concept designs. This will include floor plans, sketches and, potentially 3D images so you can really visualise everything.
5 – PLANNING PERMISSION: The next step is the planning application (where necessary) and we will act as agents on your behalf. This ensures everything is submitted and processed on time.
6 – BUILDING CONTROL: We will then go on to produce all relevant drawings for Building Regulations and allow them to check our plans for compliance.
We can also utilise our great relationships with Party Wall Surveyors, Structural Engineers, and Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to get you competitive quotes and a reliable service.
7 – DETAILED DESIGN: Once this stage is complete, we will produce a Specification of Works. Also including interior design and finishes, and all other tender documents.
8 – TENDER: One of the most important steps is to help you find the right trusted builder! We obtain a range of competitive quotations from trusted builders, and draw up and manage contracts for all work
9 – SITE MONITORING: We also monitor contracts and conduct regular site visits to ensure everything is on track and that the finished space will be all you hoped it would be.
10 – THEN, ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!